Free Delivery on UK orders over £50
Performance Metals Aluminium Anode Kit – Volvo Penta SX Drive
ALUMINIUM ANODE VOLVO SX KIT
NAVALLOY ALUMINIUM ANODES
The aluminium alloy used in Navalloy anodes is very different from normal aluminum. It includes about 5% zinc and a trace of Indium, which prevents the build up of an oxide layer.
Aluminium anode alloy provides more protection and lasts longer than zinc. It will continue to work in freshwater and is safe for use in salt water. Aluminium is the only anode that is safe for all applications.
A Better Solution for Every Application
Most outboard and sterndrive manufacturers now install Aluminium anodes as standard because they are safe and offer the best overall protection in any type of water.
- Aluminium/Indium alloy is more active so it gives better protection
- Recommended for both salt and freshwater on Mercury sterndrives
- Last up to 30% longer than zinc anodes
- Aluminium anodes “self-clean” in freshwater – Zinc anodes can form a coating that stops them working within a few months
- Environmentally friendly
- Mounting hardware included
- Attractively packaged with clear information to aid with selection and installation – reducing the need for trained store staff
EXCLUSIVE RED SPOT WEAR INDICATOR
Patented red spot Wear Indicator is exclusive to Performance Metals Products. When the red spot appears it’s time to change. This plastic indicator is embedded in the anode and appears in the surface of the anode when it wears.
Aluminium Mercury/Mercruiser Anodes